Imaging & Interventional Specialists – Your Liver Cancer Solution
Imaging & Interventional Specialists are experienced and successful dealing with liver cancer. Our leading board-certified vascular physicians offer in office diagnostic testing and , as leading national experts, will customize a treatment plan for liver cancer. Unlike other centers we develop a long-term treatment plan and work closely with your other physicians.
Symptoms of Liver Cancer
If cancer arises from the liver it is called primary liver cancer. Primary liver cancer usually arises in a cirrhotic, diseased liver. Cirrhosis can develop from fatty liver from diabetes or being overweight, hepatitis or alcohol abuse. If a cancer from another part of the body goes to the liver it is called secondary liver cancer or metastases.
It is unusual for patients with liver cancer to have symptoms initially. Often liver cancer is detected by medical imaging. For patients with liver cancer due to cirrhosis there can be other symptoms such as yellowness of the eyes or skin, itchiness or fluid in the abdomen. Occasionally these tumors can bleed causing abdominal pain.
How do Imaging & Interventional Specialists Determine the Best, Integrated Long-Term Treatment Plan For Your Liver Cancer?
The Imaging & Interventional Specialists team are nationally recognized experts in liver cancer treatment. In fact, Imaging & Interventional Specialists physicians were the first to perform advanced liver cancer (Y90-treatment) in El Paso and are the only providers to use the most advanced Y90 treatment. Besides a careful history and physical exam, the team at Imaging & Interventional Specialists will obtain imaging and lab results and communicate with other members of your treatment team to put together the best, integrated, long-term treatment plan.
What Advanced “Pinhole” Procedures Does Imaging & Interventional Specialists Offer for Liver Cancer?
Imaging & Interventional Specialists offer “pinhole” procedures to address and cure pelvic congestion syndrome.
- Transarterial embolization in one approach certain engorged, distended pelvic vessels are closed off using coils plus/minus sclerosant. Flow is redirected into healthy veins and symptoms go away.
- Transarterial chemoembolization Your arteries are used like roads to guide specialized equipment next to the tumor then beads with a powerful tumor-killing agent are injected blocking the tiny arteries that feed the tumor and delivering the agent. This “starves” and “poisons” the tumor and so it dies.
- Transarterial radioembolization Your arteries are used like roads to guide specialized equipment next to the tumor then beads with a powerful radioactive agent are injected blocking the tiny arteries that feed the tumor and delivering the agent. This “starves” and “radiates” the tumor and so it dies.
- Thermal ablation An needle is placed directly into your liver tumor and either cold or heat is produced at the end of the needle which kills the tumor.
Imaging & Interventional Specialists “Pinhole” Procedures: Fast Recovery, Less Risk, Less Pain, Comfortable Setting
Our experienced board-certified specialists successfully perform “pinhole” procedures every day offering this region leading, state-of-the-art solutions to pelvic congestion syndrome. Our minimally invasive image guided procedures are cutting edge technology without the cutting, without a scalpel.
- Procedures are usually done in a comfortable outpatient setting with familiar friendly staff
- Pinhole procedures offer fast recovery, less risk, and less pain
Why Imaging & Interventional Specialists?
Imaging & Interventional Specialists are leaders in interventional radiology and experts in the minimally invasive procedures of embolization and stenting that will address your pelvic congestion syndrome symptoms of pelvic pain.
Using state-of-the-art equipment, our experienced board-certified specialists are focused on your best outcome.
Some of the conditions related to primary liver cancer that we treat are: